Upgrade your summer lunches with this fresh, Ayurvedic, quinoa summer salad. Summer is Pitta season, so you'll want to favor light, cooling foods such as cucumber...aka eat all the fresh fruit and vegetables possible!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup uncooked organic quinoa
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped, seeded, cherry tomato
- 1 fresh avocado, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/4 black pepper, freshly grounded
1. Rinse 1 cup of quinoa thoroughly with water.
2. Add 1 ½ cups water and rinsed quinoa to a medium saucepan, bring to a boil.
3. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
4. Combine cucumber, tomato, avocado, and green onions in a large bowl.
5. Add and stir in cooked quinoa
6. Combine lemon juice, fresh parsley, extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl.
7. Toss and stir with quinoa mixture.
8. Cover and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
9. Serve chilled and enjoy!
Did you like this recipe? Let us know what you think in the comments! xx