We decided to innovate the well known kale salad and bring it to the next level...
Fresh Kale + Tortillas = Kale Tacos!!
Try out this vegetarian, kale taco recipe and you're sure to impress at your next summer gathering.
Let us know what you think!
Prep Time: 45 minutes
- 4 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 cups Tuscan kale, torn into bit-size pieces
- 1 fresh avocado, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/4 tbsp black pepper, freshly grounded
1. Remove ribs and stems from kale, rinse thoroughly.
2. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat.
3. Add sweet potato and garlic and cook. Stir often for 8-10 minutes or until potato is tender.
4. Add kale and cook. Toss often from 8-10 minutes or until kale is tender.
5. Add lime juice, salt and black pepper.
6. Warm tortillas in oven or microwave.
7. Add sweet potato and kale mixture to tortillas.
8. Top tortillas with sliced avocado.
Serve and enjoy!